Yarn Stash


 I adore my weekends! They are usually spent cleaning house, running errands and a little treasure hunting at our local swap meet.  My only find this weekend was a single white vase and a big basket I am now using for my yarn.  I had a pink tote overflowing with messy skeins, my crochet magazines, never used knitting hooks, finished and unfinished projects.  It was a disaster and driving me crazy!  So when I saw this big pile of baskets I dug one out that I thought would work.  First thing I did when we got home was  organized my projects and stashed duplicate color skeins in the tote and put it away.  So now I have a fairly organized basket to pull from and keep my current projects in.  Yay for temporary organization.  As soon as I go to the store for more yarn I have a feeling it won't look quite as nice.  


IMG_4002_flickr

 I came across this beautiful craft blog and found this really cute wrap vest and am promptly going to make one.  I think I will wear it for thanksgiving.  :)  It will be lovely with a white long sleeve and jeans, and its so simple it should work up pretty fast.  The only change I think I will make is I want it to drape long like a tunic so I might adjust the pattern a little to accommodate that.  Maybe 75- 80 stitches to start instead or the 55..... we will see.    





No comments:

Post a Comment